Living in a relatively tick free environment then going on holiday to the coast put mini poodle Austin's life on the line.
And it's not just the warmer months either... It's now recognised that the paralysis tick - Ixodes Holocyclus - is a year round problem here in Australia. This much loved miniature poodle almost succumbed to the deadly poison from a tick. But the team at Greencross Vets Castle Hill and Animal Referral Hospital Baulkham Hills worked together over the first important 24 hours to make sure Austin lived another day!
Prefer to listen? Podcast version here